Everything You Need to Know about Styling Curls
Caring for natural wavy hair is a unique challenge. Unlike straight hair, natural curls tend to be dry and brittle and can be difficult to style and maintain. The good news is that there are plenty of great hairstyles that look great on natural wavy hair. Here, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about styling your wavy hair and how to keep it looking fabulous.
Hairstyle Ideas for Natural Wavy Hair
There are many different hairstyles that work well with natural wavy hair. From classic buns and ponytails, to beach waves and braids, there’s something for everyone. Here are some of the most popular and stylish hairstyles for natural wavy hair:
- Buns: Buns are great for wavy hair, as they keep the waves in place and can make them look more voluminous. You can also add some accessories to your bun, like a ribbon or a bow, for an extra stylish look.
- Ponytails: Ponytails are a classic hairstyle that looks great on wavy hair. You can pull your hair up into a high ponytail or a low ponytail, depending on the look you’re going for.
- Beach Waves: Beach waves are a great way to give your wavy hair a more casual and relaxed look. You can use a texturizing spray or a curling iron to give your hair some extra texture and body.
- Braids: Braids are a great way to add texture and volume to your wavy hair. You can do a classic french braid or try a more creative style, like a fishtail braid.
How to Style Natural Wavy Hair
Styling natural wavy hair can be tricky, but with the right products and techniques, you can achieve a look that’s both stylish and manageable. Here are some tips on how to style natural wavy hair:
- Use a leave-in conditioner: Leave-in conditioners are essential for wavy hair, as they can help to add moisture and reduce frizz. Look for a leave-in conditioner that’s specifically designed for wavy hair.
- Use a diffuser: A diffuser is a great tool for styling wavy hair. It helps to create a more natural, air-dried look and can help to reduce frizz.
- Use a curling iron: Curling irons can be used to add texture and definition to wavy hair. You can create loose curls or tighter curls, depending on the look you’re going for.
- Use hairspray: Hairspray can help to hold your style in place and reduce frizz. Look for a light-hold hairspray that won’t weigh your hair down.
Tips for Maintaining Natural Wavy Hair
Maintaining natural wavy hair can be a bit of a challenge, but it’s definitely worth the effort. Here are some tips for maintaining your wavy hair:
- Trim regularly: Regular trims can help to keep your wavy hair looking healthy and reduce split ends.
- Use a deep conditioner: Deep conditioners are essential for keeping your wavy hair hydrated and healthy. Look for a deep conditioner that’s specifically designed for wavy hair.
- Wash less often: Washing your hair too often can strip it of its natural oils, so it’s best to wash your wavy hair only once or twice a week.
- Use a heat protectant: Heat protectants are essential for protecting your hair from the damage caused by heat styling tools. Look for a heat protectant that’s specifically designed for wavy hair.
Styling and maintaining natural wavy hair can be challenging, but with the right products and techniques, you can achieve a look that’s both stylish and manageable. From buns and ponytails, to beach waves and braids, there are plenty of great hairstyles that look fabulous on natural wavy hair. With a little bit of patience and the right products, you can keep your wavy hair looking beautiful and healthy.